Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yoda: Not so great at grammar...

Full disclosure: I'm not into Star Wars. I know, I should have my Nerd Card revoked. It's nothing personal. I see why people like it, but it's just not my thing. That said, I really like the designs of some of the characters (Boba Fett, Chewbacca, anyone with "Darth" in their name, and Yoda). They're just so classic. Anyway, one day while working on a Super Cute strip, I came up with an idea for a 3-panel gag with Yoda in a classroom setting. The following strip is what I came up with. I gotta say, the hardest part of the strip wasn't the drawing or coloring, but the lettering. Big ups to my pal David Hopkins who does all of the lettering for Super Cute. He makes it look so effortless!

(By the way, I realize it's a cartoony depiction of Yoda, but it took me forever to figure out how to draw him. I kept making him look like Pikachu. It's the first time I've ever tried to draw him, but I think it came out fairly decent in the end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment