Monday, July 30, 2012

E is for Elektra

"E"didn't have as obvious a character selection as the previous four letters, but I think Elektra is a pretty good choice. She's been featured in two theatrical films ('Daredevil' and 'Elektra') and I'd consider her one of Marvel's more popular female characters.

There are other female characters throughout this project and I found it challenging to make them look different from each other. Not because I think all women (superhero or otherwise) look the same, but because I had to illustrate different hairstyles. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about hair (I keep my head shaved because I'm lazy), but I decided to give it a good solid effort. Most of the Elektra reference I found in comics or online had her with long, straight hair, but since she's Greek, I made it wavy. I'm not sure that I've ever drawn wavy hair before, but I think it turned out okay.

This may be the most that I've ever discussed hair.

You you guys tomorrow!
--Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment