Monday, August 6, 2012

J is for Jonah Hex

The most difficult part of the alphabet for me to come up with characters for was the trifecta of J, K, & L. I was eventually able to come up with one I liked for L, but J & K required more effort and ultimately resulted in me using fairly obscure characters. Today's entry, Jonah Hex, has at least starred in a feature film (2010's Jonah Hex). If that still doesn't ring any bells for you, don't worry because no one saw it. NO ONE.

Anyway, I actually had a lot of fun illustrating Mr. Hex. I've never drawn Jonah before, so it was a nice surprise. Normally I'd imagine that drawing cowboys would get boring, but there's something about the combination of his scarred face and wild-west attire that kept me interested. That cowboy hat took me a while to figure out, though.

That's all for today. See you guys tomorrow for a super obscure "K"!
--Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment