Friday, August 24, 2012

X is for X-Men

Some quick notes about today's letter:

-This is the second team of characters to make an appearance (the Fantastic Four was the first). In hindsight, I probably should have used the Justice League for the letter J. Crap.
-You'll notice that Wolverine, arguably the most popular X-Man, is absent from this group of characters. That's because he was featured on the previous letter W and drawing his mask once was already a pain in the ass.
-I think the X-Men look a little weird here. I was trying to combine my superhero and cartoon styles (because again, this was for an infant), but it ended up making them look goofy. Hopefully it looks good to children, though.
-I really struggled with cramming these characters in here, and I think you can tell. The pencils looked a little better, but not much. I had originally planned to add more characters than this, but I had to cut them because I was running out of time.
-It was difficult to find color reference for my wife on their costumes, as there have been many variations on them (from what I understand, they will change again in October of 2012). She did a pretty good job, though.

That's all for this week. If you've just recently started checking out this blog, scroll through brenthibbardart.blogspot.com to check out some of art that you may have missed!

See you Monday!
--Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment